It has finally come – we are almost ready to release registration for the 2021-2022 season! It has been an incredibly long, difficult break from in-person programming. We miss you! This is a preparation notice – registration will be released the week of August 9th. Please watch your emails closely – registration is first come, first served – spots are not reserved.
At this time, unknowns are our new normal. However, we are anticipating a program season that looks pretty close to typical for Special Olympics. As of right now, these are the expected parameters:
- Athletes & coaches can register in multiple programs
- We will have indoor & outdoor programs
- COVID protocols will likely be in place, but we will not know those parameters until closer to our start, as they shift so quickly
- Competitions will be on hold for the rest of 2021, but may be a possibility for summer 2022
This is all subject to change, depending on the coming months. We will be following the guidance of Special Olympics Alberta.
Week of August 9th – 2021-2022 Program Registration Release!
- Registration Package (Program Outline, Electronic Registration Form) released. New programs to be announced. All registration materials can be found on our website.
- Registration through the online form will open next week! Payments will not be accepted until September 25th at Payment Day. More details to come in your Registration Package.
September 25th – Season Kick-off & Payment Day!
- Mark your calendars! Our Season Kick-off & Payment Day will be held late this year on September 25th. Athletes must complete their electronic registration form prior to payment day. We will be accepting all forms of payment. Payment Day will be the first day that payments for programs are accepted. Payment Day is the easiest and most social way to pay your fees all at once for the upcoming season!
November 2021 – Programs Start
- We have a scheduled delay for the start of programs this year – we will not be starting until November for fall programming. This delay will allow for programming to follow the opening of schools and fall sport to ensure there is time to implement any additional changes or precautions that we may see fit, prior to season start.
Season Kick-Off & Payment Day Details:
Date: Saturday, September 25, 2021
Location: Central Lions Senior Centre – 11113 113 St NW
Time: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
If you are not able to attend Payment Day, alternative payment arrangements can be made.
As always, programs spots are given on a first come, first served basis. No spots can be reserved. There will be no early registrations accepted.
This week, we will be hard at work finalizing details – all questions will be answered by the registration package! There are no actions to be taken at this time – registration will open next week.